Reusable, Comfortable, Functional

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bean Art Mosaics - Rainy Day Fun


A fun activity for any age child, even adults. I came across this idea when I was looking for party games for my daughter's 4th birthday party last month. Of course, it's not a new idea, as I can remember enjoying this craft when I was a young child too.


For a nice variety, you can try pinto beans, black-eyed beans, black beans, green split peas, amongst others. For designs, I simply searched online for stencil templates and came across a huge amount of choices. Be sure to use thick cardboard to avoid curling from the glue.

My 4 year old daughter made all 3 of these designs, using her imagination and creativity to place the beans where she thought would be best. I just helped with applying the glue for her. I think she did a great job!

2 comments:

  1. I love these mosaics! I will try them in my own classroom.
    I was really touched by your blog description. I also have a grandmother I never knew, but feel I have a strong connection to.
    Lovely blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment. We are still working on more mosaics, as both my daughter and I have had fun with them.

    I love hearing stories about my grandmother. She will always be dear to me, even though I never knew her.

    ReplyDelete