Reusable, Comfortable, Functional

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Toddler's Garden


As a lover of nature, picking flowers, and running around outside, I knew my daughter did not "need" more toys. So, for her 3rd birthday, my husband and I decided to give her a garden all of her own. We selected a spot in the yard, I removed the sod, and my husband built a wooden border around it. We selected fun plants for her, like purple coneflower, coriopsis, sunflowers, and marigolds. The annuals are added to give summer-long color, and she can get excited to replant them each year. Our daughter loves tomatoes, so we also added her very own cherry tomatoe plant! There's also a couple strawberry plants, but we did not have them covered, and unfortunately, an intruder ate them before our daughter could enjoy the fruit. Overall, we believe this is one of the best creative, learning gifts we could've ever given our daughter.

1 comment: